- South Indian Restaurants in Melbourne, VIC
South Indian Restaurants in Melbourne
Babaji's Kerala Kitchen
A south Indian restaurant and food stand located in the Dandenong Ranges, Babaji's Kerala Kitchen offers traditional Kerala favorites such as Sadya, dosa, Malabar biryani, parotta, and South Indian filter coffee.
Mirchi Madras Streat - MMS
Srinitha Swagruha foods
If you're craving homemade South Indian snacks and savories, Srinitha Swagruha foods has got you covered with their completely homemade traditional sweets and savories made to order. You'll feel like you're back in your mom's kitchen!
What people say
Melbourne is a foodie's paradise and has become a hub for different cultures and cuisines. Among the popular cuisines, South Indian food has been gaining popularity in recent years. The city has several South Indian restaurants that offer authentic dishes ranging from dosas, idlis, vadas, and curries.
When it comes to online reviews and comments about South Indian restaurants in Melbourne, one can find a mixed response. Some people rave about the quality of the food, while others complain about the service or high prices.
However, overall Melbourne is a great place for South Indian cuisine, with plenty of options available to suit different tastes and budgets. The city has both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options available in abundance.
For those looking for recommendations, some of the top-rated South Indian restaurants in Melbourne include:
1. Dosa Hut - This chain of restaurants has several locations across Melbourne and offers a wide range of dosas and other South Indian delicacies at affordable prices.
2. MTR 1924 - Another popular restaurant that offers authentic South Indian dishes made using traditional recipes. They are known for their filter coffee and masala dosa.
3. Gopals Vegetarian - This restaurant offers both North and South Indian cuisine with a focus on vegetarian dishes. They are known for their thalis, which offer a variety of dishes on one plate.
4. Horn Please - While not exclusively a South Indian restaurant, this modern Indian restaurant offers unique takes on traditional dishes from all over India, including some delicious South Indian options.
Locals tend to frequent Dosa Hut and MTR 1924, while tourists often visit Gopals Vegetarian and Horn Please due to their unique menus and trendy locations.
Prices vary depending on the restaurant and dish ordered but typically range from $10-$20 per person for a meal.
While none of the South Indian restaurants in Melbourne have Michelin stars yet, they are still highly recommended among food enthusiasts and locals alike. So, if you are in Melbourne and craving some authentic South Indian cuisine, be sure to check out one of these top-rated restaurants for a delicious experience.